Sunday 22 June 2014

Courgettes

I love courgettes, which is just as well as I have six plants (which according to Dave is about five too many). I am trying Sarah Raven's courgette selection:

  • Courgette 'Bianca' - exceptional for flowers, as well as lovely, pale-green fruit.
  • Courgette 'Romanesco' - superb texture and taste and good large flowers for stuffing with dark green, ribbed fruit.
  • Courgette 'Soleil' - yellow variety for stuffing, tempura and jazzing up courgette pasta and salads.

Interestingly 'Soleil' has yellow leaves as well as yellow fruit.  'Romanesco' is ready first, despite the wind snapping its stem. I propped it back together and it's flourished, however this is the reason for now having six plants, originally there were three but they got so battered when I first planted them out that the duplicates went in as back up and now there are six!

No comments:

Post a Comment