Sunday 21 September 2014

Thank you (I think!)

My friend and her husband come to lunch and brought me this lovely David Austin rose. It's called Morning Mist and is so perfectly matched to the weather we've had all week:

A striking variety with large, truly single flowers. The colour is deep pink in the bud, opening to deep salmon-pink with yellow at the centre. Each flower has a large, complementary boss of prominent red stamens with golden anthers. It is repeat--flowering but also bears a superb crop of large orange hips through the winter. There is a light clove and musk fragrance. ‘Morning Mist’ will form a bushy, very healthy shrub.


The 'I think' is because it has inspired a feverish amount of garden activity because to do it justice I need to make a whole new flowerbed. Much digging later and I'm part way there. I plan to plant it with blue, lime green, salmon pink and red flowers which will look good with all the surrounding green.


No comments:

Post a Comment