Thursday 4 June 2015

Reveille

I woke just after 4 this morning as I could hear the partridge calling and calling. When I got downstairs into the kitchen though I couldn't see him. Eventually I realised he was on the roof of the dairy. It was hard to believe such an enormous sound was coming from such a small bird. I thought at first that maybe he didn't know how to get down as yesterday we'd seen a pair of partridge and one was possibly a youngster. After an hour or so he hopped to the other end of the building above the old well and continued with his racket. When I went out to add some rubbish to the bins (as it's collection day) he stayed put until I was so near I could have reached out and touched him. After the storms though the sky was blue and clear and I was glad to be up early to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment