Monday 21 December 2015

Early morning

I came downstairs this morning just as there was a little brightness in the eastern sky. The planet visible (Venus) was so bright that at first I thought I was watching a helicopter travelling straight towards me (a fairly common sight). To its left I could see Mars but this was too feint for the camera to pick up. The other night I woke at 3.30 and knew I wouldn't get back to sleep so I came downstairs and was amazed at the brilliance of the stars. I took my (very) early morning tea outside and watched in wonder, thinking of all the generations of people who had also stood here and watched the night sky. Suddenly there was a single, bright and amazing shooting star which went right across my field of view ... magic and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment