Monday 14 March 2016

Hedge maintenance

While Dave's been bricklaying I've been working on our hedging, new and old in the top field. The hedging we planted two years ago really benefits from weeding and I also check the guards, removing grass and slugs from the inside and retrieve any branches that have headed through the wire onto our neighbours side where they are at risk of being nibbled. Everything is starting to come into leaf which is encouraging and kneeling down I escape the cold wind, however after a morning on all fours I decided I needed to find an afternoon task I could do standing up. I began clearing a huge amount of dead bramble from the mature hedge that separates the top field from the big field and cut out dead branches too (oh I was so imaginative when I named them but I had to suddenly produce names for some farming paperwork and felt we'd remember these!)

No comments:

Post a Comment