Thursday 10 March 2016

New project no 2

After the dismal failure of the pond project we are onto another of my last year's environmental improvement tasks. I wanted to plant a little group of Scots Pine trees to hopefully attract some goldcrests to the farm. It took me a while to find a supplier of slightly larger trees (as in larger than miniscule), as I'm hoping if they can be seen they won't be driven over by the tractor! I bought from Perrie Hale who did an excellent job of providing what I needed. While researching Scots Pines I was interested to see they are also known as 'drovers trees' and were planted as a marker tree alongside droving tracks which is exactly where ours are, and from my newly planted trees I can see others in the distance both to the south and the north of Hill Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment