Wednesday 15 June 2016

My birthday

I started my birthday with fresh fruit and yoghurt topped with a petal from my birthday pinks! These are a tradition because when I was born my father wore a pink 'pink' in his buttonhole to indicate that he'd had a daughter and he continued to do so on every subsequent one of my birthdays. This year I had wonderful pinks sent from the Isles of Scilly (thanks Liz) and decided to garnish my breakfast with a petal (the whole flower might have been a bit of a mouthful!) Later I went swimming, Dave thought I'd gone mad but I discovered that Hathersage (further north in Derbyshire) has a pool which is both outdoor and heated, so I spent a happy couple of hours floating about while Dave nursed a cup of tea in the spectators pavilion. Then in the evening Joe and Jade made me an amazing cake (so delicious and of course it MUST be healthy as it contains carrots!)

No comments:

Post a Comment