Tuesday 21 July 2015

Thistles

Our poor hedge has got very weedy but until the hay was cut I couldn't really get to it to clear the base. Today however I started and although I thought I was about to give myself heatstroke I managed to finish clearing the section by the road. It was very humid and made worse by the need to wear a jacket to protect my arms and wellington boots to protect my legs! I was so pleased to get under the shower. Two days later and I'm now clearing another section which is full of huge thistles. I worked until lunchtime when it had started to rain so I look both hot and bedraggled. I notice that I match the thistle (maybe I thought if I was camouflaged they couldn't spot me coming! Sometimes I wonder at my decision to be organic and not use weedkiller!


No comments:

Post a Comment