Thursday 12 November 2015

Winter wear

I've been busy sewing a skirt this week because everything I found in the shops for winter looked so drab. This is the first time I've tried just to copy an existing item of clothing rather than following a pattern. It took just 2 metres of cotton lawn and although I had to take the risk of buying the fabric online I'm very happy with the result.

A more curious item in my wardrobe this week was a pair of furry leopard print 'hot pants' with which I won our WI competition of 'an item of clothing for under £5 from a charity shop'. I'll spare you the sight of me actually wearing them, but I did - all meeting! They were incredibly cosy, just the thing for chilly winter days. My father always liked to say "winter drawers/draws on" and with these I'm ready for the forecast 'worst winter in 50 years'!

No comments:

Post a Comment