Monday 14 March 2016

Red sky at night ..

... shepherdess's delight. At least I was happy once I finally sat down to supper ...
Someone stopped at the farm to say the sheep were out on the lane, when I went to investigate they turned out to be the newly arrived black headed ones and although they were standing obligingly next to their gate, once I opened it they decided to head off and explore. Their explorations left an easy to follow trail (!) and I found them in a neighbours field with her horses. Fortunately at that moment George drove by in his land rover so I was able to flag him down, he keeps the very well behaved sheep in the field opposite us. With his help we drove the sheep back home, but as we couldn't see any obvious escape route and as by now it was getting dark it is probably only a matter of time before they get out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment